Sweet & Smoky BBQ Spice Rub
This bold all-purpose spice rub can be used to flavor grilled steaks, pork ribs, chicken or shrimp.
JAWZ High performance Blender
- 1 large dried ancho chili pepper
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Microwave ancho chili on High for 45 to 60 seconds or until fragrant and toasted. Let cool completely; remove stem and seeds.
- In JAWZ High performance Blender, combine ancho chili, peppercorns, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, rosemary and thyme. Pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add chili powder, brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and cayenne; pulse until blended. Store in airtight container.
- Omit cayenne pepper and substitute 1 tsp mild sweet paprika if desired.
- Use as a rub for beer butt chicken, ribs or even burgers.