JAWZ High performance Blender
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 white onion, cut in half
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 serrano chili pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
Toss together tomatillos and oil. In large heavy-bottom skillet set over high heat, sauté tomatillos for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly browned and blistered. Let cool slightly.
In JAWZ High performance Blender, combine tomatillos, cilantro, onion, lime juice, chili pepper, garlic, cumin and salt; pulse until finely chopped.
- Substitute jalapeño chili for serrano chili pepper if desired.